- Written by North Star Academy Laval - NSAL
- Category: Admissions
- Hits: 2896
Your Child's Success, Our Priority
A certificate of eligibility for English instruction is not required. In the province of Québec, access to English schooling is governed by the Charter of the French Language. English schools receiving grants from the government can only accept students who have English eligibility. North Star Academy does not receive government grants. As such, students, do not require an eligibility certificate to attend the school.
At North Star Academy Laval, we pride ourselves on our Personalized Tours. We focus on individual appointments allowing us to give a customized tour of school. We take pride in discussing our academic pathways, our many extra-curricular activities and free after school tutorial service. We feel that a one on one approach offers answers to the many questions that arise during the admission process.
Call us at 450-973-9797 today to book your tour!
Step 1 - Application for Admission Form
Step 2 - Application Checklist
The Application package must include all the documents listed in the Application package Checklist:
- A completed Application for Admission form
- A completed Student Profile
- A copy of their Civil Birth Certificate
- A recent wallet-size picture of the applicant. (please write applicant's name on back of photo)
- A legible photocopy of the applicant’s most recent report card.
- A copy of any psycho-socio or educational evaluation (if applicable)
- A non-refundable application fee of $50.
Step 3 - Submit the completed application package
Documents must be sent to the Admissions Office either by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by mail or in person to:
North Star Academy Laval
950, rue Elodie-Boucher
Laval (QC) H7W 0C6
- The application fee can be paid by check made to the order of North Star Academy Laval. For any other payment method please contact the Admissions office or call 450-973-9797.
At North Star Academy we feel that the traditional entrance exam offers a one-sided approach in evaluating a student’s capabilities. We prefer taking a holistic approach which includes evaluating previous report cards, assessments and conducting an interview. We believe in the potential of each and every student. We focus on more than academic abilities and are interested in the aims, passions, motivation and character of prospective students.
- Once the Admissions Office has received the complete application package, you will be notified of the acceptance/ refusal within two weeks.
- A Letter of Acceptance is issued once we receive a $200 non-refundable registration fee.